2019: BWISE Careers & Conversations
Ethics vs. Metrics: What Theranos Can Teach Us About Business
Erika Jefferson, the founder of Black Women in Science and Engineering (BWISE), requested Alicia Butler Pierre to do a feature presentation to members in Atlanta, GA. The conversation focused on ethics vs. metrics and Alicia leveraged her experiences working as an engineer and businesswoman on tips for aligning the two.
Alicia’s talk mentioned the now-defunct Theranos company as a case study of what can happen when ethics are compromised for the sake of financial metrics.
- 2021: SAVVY The Business Magazine
- 2021: I Have to Memorize My TEDx Talk? What!
- 2021: The Global Fluency Podcast
- 2021: The Thomas Green Podcast
- 2021: The Eccentric CEO Podcast
- 2021: Talking with the Experts Podcasts
- 2021: One Voice at a Time
- 2020: Texas Women’s University
- 2020: Tuff Talk TV Show
- 2020: Podcast Movement Virtual Conference